Umang (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance) is conceived to make e-governance ‘mobile first’. It has been developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MITI) and the National e-Governance Division (NGD).
The Government of India is eager to make India fully digital in the coming years and is working towards that. For that purpose, the Government of India is encouraging everyone for digital transactions. So that everything can be done quickly and transparently. There is an initiative for that. Promoting Vibrant Digital India Program. ‘Warmth’ is used as a unified mobile application for the rule of the new era and is conceived to create e-governance. An application has been made by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeetY) and the National e-Governance Department (NGD) to promote the Mrs. Digital India program. The main goal of launching this application is to make all the activities of Indian citizens online through a single platform. With just one click – Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Gas Cylinder, Provident Fund Account etc. can be helpful to solve or related questions. In short, the government basically approaches almost all government mobile apps through a single platform. Currently, we can set up a single application for 5 government services provided by 5 state government and 5 departmental central government.
Major benefits for citizens:
- Single-Point Universal: Access: Many government services are available to citizens on a unified platform for easy access through many government online and offline offline channels (SMS, email, application and web).
- More for less: Each section will have only one mobile app installed instead of each.
Convenience: Citizens do not have to reinstall or update applications to receive government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving time and money: Citizens can avail of these services anytime and anywhere through their mobile phones, desktops and laptops and stand in queues with no need for department office fees.
- Similar experience: All government services, including payment-based transactions, provide a safe and consistent experience.
- UMNG The services of the Government of India – healthcare, finance, education, housing, energy, agriculture, but also utilities and employment and skills can be reached.
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on one platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile first strategy: It combines all government services with mobile first strategy to take advantage of the trend of mobile adoption.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India services, such as Aadhaar, DigiLocker and Pagov. Will automatically integrate with any such new service platform.
- Similar experience: It is designed to enable citizens to easily find, download, access government and use all government services.
- Safe and scalable: It supports support-based and other authentication mechanisms for service use.
- Sensitive profile data is stored in an encrypted format and no one can see this information.